2013 Awards Reception and Banquet
August 1, 2013
6:00PM – Awards Reception/7:00PM – Awards Banquet
Washington Court Hotel
Join us on Thursday, August 1 for the Awards Reception and Banquet to honor deserving organizations and individuals.
Congratulations to our 2013 Award Recipients
- Christine A. Fruhauf, Kimberly Bundy-Fazioli and Jacque L. Miller recipients of the Brabazon Award for Evaluation Research (Sponsored by Kevin Brabazon): This award recognizes a paper that explores and documents the nature of the intergenerational dynamics that occur within the programs, and/or report on their measurable impacts.
- Montana Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Project recipient of the Grandfamilies Award: Honors organizations, professionals, and relative caregivers who have made an outstanding contribution to the field of grandparents and other relative caregivers raising children.
- Partners in Development Foundation, recipient of the Intergenerational Innovation Award: Honors an organization or program that has made an outstanding contribution to uniting the generations through creative or exemplary practice.
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation, recipient of the Leadership Award for Outstanding Support: Honors a funder whose support has led to significant advances in the intergenerational field.
- Barbara Brown, recipient of the Older Adult Volunteer Award: Honors an individual age 60 and older who has made an outstanding contribution to an intergenerational program or who has advocated for older adults and youth.
- Kendal at Oberlin, recipient of the Shared Site Award: Honors an organization that has made outstanding contributions to uniting the generations through intergenerational shared sites.
- Victoria McGuire and Khari Eyen Zame Johnson, co-recipients of the Youth Volunteer Award: Honors an individual age 25 or younger who has made an outstanding contribution to an intergenerational program or who has advocated for older adults and youth.
The following awards will also be presented at the banquet:
- The Jack Ossofsky Award for Lifetime Achievement in Support of Children, Youth and Older Adults: Honors the lifetime achievements of an individual whose efforts benefit both the young and the old. It is a lasting tribute to Jack Ossofsky, who was Executive Director of the National Council on the Aging, and one of the co-founders and early leaders of Generations United.
- Media Award: Honors a member of the media who has made an outstanding contribution to promoting understanding and positive interaction among all generations, and to protecting the social compact.
Consider becoming an Awards sponsor, contact Leah Bradley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want inspiration? Learn about the 2011 Award Winners.